- Colorado has three National Parks, 40 state Parks, and 222 state wildlife areas.
- Colorado has over 65,000 miles of streams, 2,500 cold-water lakes, and 360 warm-water lakes.
- There are 52 "Fourteeners" in Colorado (mountains of at least 14,000 feet).
- Colorado has the highest mean altitude of all the states in the U.S. and contains 75% of the land area with an altitude over 10,000 feet.
- Colorado has the highest paved road in North America -- the road to Mt. Evans from Idaho Springs, which climbs to 14,258 feet above sea level.
- Colorado has 26 different ski areas with some of the world's greatest snow.
- The world's largest natural hot springs pool is located in Glenwood Springs.
- Over 400,000 people ascend Pikes Peak each year, which climbs to 14,110 feet above sea level.
- Colorado cities such as Denver and Colorado Springs claim an average of 300 days of sunshine per year, more sun than San Diego or Miami Beach.
- Katherine Lee Bates wrote "America the Beautiful" after being inspired by the view from Pikes Peak.
- The Dwight Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel between Clear Creek & Summit counties is the highest auto tunnel in the world, crossing under the Continental Divide at 11,000 feet above sea level.
- Leadville is the highest incorporated city in the U.S. at 10,430 feet.
- The highest suspension bridge in the world is over the Royal Gorge near Canon City, which spans the Arkansas River at 1,053 feet above the canyon floor.
When you're looking for the best real estate opportunities in the mountains of southern Colorado, contact The Roshek Group HERE.